The Battle of Sky Hill XC MTB Race
– Saturday 13th May 2017
Isle of Man Cyclefest’s cross country mountain bike race will start and finish at Milntown Estate and boasts a leg-breaking ascent of nearby Sky Hill, site of the bloody battle between the Manx and the invading Vikings in 1079.
Competitors wind their way around the hill’s contours before descending through its challenging forest-lined single-track network before another lung-busting ascent over the heather-clad moorland.
With hazards and obstacles at every turn, the Battle of Sky Hill will ensure a worthy victor stands on the Cyclefest podium at the end of the day!
– 11 miles
– 1,500 feet of elevation
– Rider pack posted out prior to the event – no need to sign on
– Free Saturday access wristband to Isle of Man Cyclefest
– Fully way marked route
– Fully marshaled route
– Medical support
– Rider public liability insurance
– Electronic timing with two interval points and live results on line
– Pro style finish at Milntown Estate
– Event photography – £1,600 prize fund – Post event massage
Battle of Sky Hill Map & Profile
Under rules and regulations of TLI Cycling.